5 Obvious Benefits of Switching to an Organic Food-based dietkritianand
Organic food is food produced by methods that comply with the standards of organic farming. Organic farming aims to eliminate dependency on synthetic fertilizers and pesticides, and instead switch to plant and animal waste-based compost. You can read more about organic farming and the benefits of switching to organic farming here.
As awareness about the importance of living a healthy, well-balanced lifestyle grows, so does the popularity of organic food. Very quickly people have come to realise that over-processed food or genetically modified (GMO) food isn’t the way to go when it comes to leading a clean & healthy lifestyle, and there are a variety of reasons for this. Some of the most obvious reasons are:
- Heavily processed food often include unhealthy levels of added sugar, sodium and fat, which might make the food taste better – but it also leads to serious health issues like obesity, higher cholesterol levels, diabetes and heart problems.
- It is also extremely unsustainable for the environment, as overly processed or genetically modified food often requires more resources (like fossil fuels) when it comes to harvesting, processing and transportation, which leads to more greenhouse gas emissions.
- Lastly, besides its obvious contribution to health and environmental damage, it also leads to a loss of livelihood for farmers, who make up to 60% of India’s population.
In contrast, organic food comes out as the obvious champion. Organic food far outranks processed foods in the health benefits it provides – instead of doing damage to your body, a lot of organic food typically contains medicinal & therapeutic properties, and are GMO-free, gluten-free, antioxidant-rich and high in all essential nutrients, such as protein, fibre, vitamins and minerals etc. It is also a much more sustainable way of farming and obtaining food produce, and provides for our smallholder farmers, who make a livelihood from clean, organic farming.
Here are 5 obvious reasons you should switch to organic food:
- Fresher, healthier food: Organic food is often fresher due to the absence of artificial preservatives which make food last longer.
- Better for your overall health: Since organic food is not processed with chemical pesticides or chemical fertilizers, it does not contain any elements of toxic chemicals that will be detrimental to your health.
- Rich in Antioxidants: Recent studies have shown that the consumption of organic food can contribute to more intake of nutritionally advantageous antioxidants which help strengthen your immune system.
- Better for the environment: Organic farming has been proven to be much better for the environment, since it reduces dependency on chemicals, prevents soil erosion and helps prevent water pollution.
- Supports local farmers: As we already know, organic food is often grown locally, in ethical and sustainable ways. By partaking in the organic food movement, you directly support local farmers who grow your crop with a lot of care, with an added benefit of low transportation costs & emissions.
Explore our range of organic staples by Swabhiman33 & exotic nuts and dry fruits by BerriNutty here. We promise you the best quality organic clean label products in the market!